Busy schedules and non-stop activities leave you feeling depleted and distracted. It’s what many describe as brain fog. Thorne’s newest formula helps clear your head with key nutrients that support focus, attention, and mental function.* Brain Factors combines a unique coffee fruit extract with our exclusive Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) to support optimal levels of BDNF and NAD+ – two substances in the body that are adversely affected by aging – thereby promoting optimal brain health and cognition to help you stay mentally agile.*
Key benefits from supporting BDNF and NAD+ with Brain Factors:
- Promotes memory and focus by enhancing the communication between brain cells*
- Promotes attention and learning by supporting growth and development of new brain cells*
- Supports cognitive health at every age*
- Nutritional support for dealing with brain fog in older or over-stressed individuals*
What is BDNF and why is it important?
BDNF – brain-derived neurotrophic factor – is a protein that helps the brain flourish, providing support for brain cells and the nervous system. As we age, the level of BDNF declines, and a low level of BDNF is associated with multiple negative effects of aging.
Coffee fruit extract helps maintain a healthy BDNF level, which:
- Promotes the development and growth of new brain cells*
- Supports the communication pathways between nerve cells*
- Supports cognitive functions like learning, memory, and focus*
- Supports balanced neurotransmitters – natural chemicals that regulate nervous system functions like mood and sleep*
Why is NAD+ important for healthy aging?
NAD+ – nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide – is an important coenzyme found in every cell. NAD+ is crucial for supporting numerous metabolic and cellular functions in the body. However, NAD+ declines significantly with age, as well as from excessive stress, which can lead to reduced vitality.
NR promotes a healthy level of NAD+, which in turn:
- Promotes healthy aging by helping maintain energy production at the cellular level*
- Protects against oxidative stress and the DNA damage that accompanies it*
- Supports normal circadian rhythm – the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle*
- Helps increase the number and health of mitochondria in cells, thus benefiting mitochondrial metabolism*
- Supports cellular repair processes*
The added benefits of betaine
Supporting the body’s methylation processes optimize the benefits of NR.* Betaine (also known as trimethylglycine) is a superior methyl donor in the body – each molecule of betaine supplies three methyl groups. By promoting efficient methylation, the betaine in Thorne’s Brain Factors:
- Supports important cognitive functions in aging adults, like memory and focus*
- Enhances optimal metabolism of NAD+*
- Helps maintain balanced levels of neurotransmitters in the brain*
- Promotes a healthy level of homocysteine in the blood, which supports cognitive and cardiovascular health*
Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your health-care practitioner.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.